Eligibility & Selection Criteria
We accept applications from all individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Omani national, OR non-Omani national currently residing in Oman
- Minimum 16 years old (and maximum 18 years old) before the start of the academic year you're applying for (for Entry 2023 applications, your birthday must fall between 2 September 2004 and 31 August 2007)
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria to apply through UWC Oman, please visit apply.uwc.org to find your application route.
We look for applicants who are motivated and eager to be a part of the UWC movement beyond the 2 years they spend at the school. The following criteria are used to assess, select and nominate candidates by the NC and schools:
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation: a genuine urge to learn about the world around oneself. The ability to recognise the details and grasp the breadth of issues (such as global and local concerns) involved in any given topic and to analyse them thoroughly
- Active commitment: the ability to develop and the readiness to reflect, question and confront one’s own values, to measure one’s behaviour within family and community against one’s own values, and to act on one’s own beliefs accordingly and responsibly
- Social competence: the ability and readiness to make contact with other people, to interact respectfully with them, to work together with them in a team and to achieve solutions; the ability to express oneself adequately in different situations and to different people
- Resilience, personal responsibility and integrity: the ability to look after oneself physically and emotionally during the challenging and transformational experience that a UWC education offers; the personal motivation to adhere to UWC’s common moral and ethical principles, a sense of humility and an ability to listen and value another person’s opinion and experience
- Motivation for UWC: passion, ability and serious incentive to contribute to and actively promote UWC’s values
While academic grades are not at the heart of our selection criteria, we'd like to ensure that selected candidates are at a good academic standing at their current schools and can successfully meet the demands of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) taken at all UWC schools.